Free MNA CE Forum is Tomorrow: "Help and Hope for Health Care Workers"
There’s still time to sign up for MNA’s Continuing Education Forum, which takes place tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 30) from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This year’s program, “Trauma and COVID-19: Help and Hope for Health Care Workers,” features survival and recovery tools for nurses and health professionals. You can enjoy the MNA CE Forum right from home with our fully virtual sessions via Zoom.
In addition to powerful main speakers, our breakout sessions include Nutrition to Beat Stress, Trauma-Informed Yoga (yes, over Zoom!) and Understanding Team Communication During Trauma.
A total of 4 contact hours are available to RNs. The event is free for MNA members. Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Congrats to the 2021 MNA Award Winners!
Congratulations to the following winners of MNA’s 2021 awards in various categories:
- Excellence in Nursing Practice Award: Vicki Washington, RN; Marianne George, RN
- Labor Leader of the Year Award: Jessica Lannon, RN
- Cheryl L. Johnson, RN, Labor Legacy Award: Anne Jackson, RN; Diane Goddeeris, RN
- Nurse Hero Award: Maribel Tabanguil-May, RN (in memoriam)
- Outstanding Contribution to MNA Award: Cindy Rydahl, RN; Genevieve (Gen) Bancroft, RN
- Michigan Nurses Hall of Fame - Historical: Mike & Teresa Kress
- Michigan Nurses Hall of Fame - Contemporary: Tammy Parsons, RN
- Michigan Nurses Hall of Fame - Friend of Nursing: Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin
Take Advantage of Opportunities to Serve on MNA Councils, Committees
Various MNA committees and councils have openings right now. Members are strongly encouraged to apply and help make a difference! To apply, just fill out a bio and consent form.